The thoughts of a woman trying to live simply yet abundantly, contentedly yet expectantly, wisely yet adventurously... all for His glory.

1.24.2010

bon voyage

I am 95% packed, cross-eyed from trying to stuff all the necessaries into nooks and crannies.

More about the ordeal of packing later--I have a little horror story regarding that, but need some sleep before I can tell it properly. (Sorry if you are the curious type as you'll just have to wait.)

Here's the plan: leave Sunday afternoon. Fly overnight to Paris (attempting to sleep on plane) and spend day traipsing around cold, foggy, still-lovely-regardless-of-the-weather Paris. Spend Monday night in hostel. Leave Paris Tuesday at noon via Barcelona to Tenerife, where someone from the ship will pick me up at the airport.


(Paris and the Seine River by night, taken from the Eiffel Tower)

I would appreciate prayers for:

*safe travels, and also for hassle-free flights as I am flying with a reduced fare and have to carry papers proving my humanitarian status as well as my exemption from a visa

*safety while exploring Paris

*that my duffel bag will remain completely intact (as compared to my return from Benin last year--that duffel was ready to rip in about 4 seams, and had to be tossed after I arrived home)

*for an easy transition back to ship life: almost no space, few belongings, two minute showers, new roommates, and lots of new crew

Thank you all so much for your encouragement and prayers along the way--I'm excited to get settled in and start telling you more about what I'll be doing this year. I probably forgot to tell you, but I have a new & different job from last year... sorry but details on that will have to wait too. This is already longer than I intended!

Off to bed for one last night at home. Next post will be from either Paris or Tenerife!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Hey Lindsay,

My husband and I donated to you through Mercy Ships. I hope they let you know! There's always that little worry that it won't make it to you.

I can't wait to hear how God is working through you on Mercy Ships.

Michelle

Abigail Jasmine said...

Wow! I am so excited for you! I know the Lord has got a plan for you!!!
I will def. say a prayer for you :)

Keep us updated on all the happenings..

"Trust in the Lord with all thine heart, and lean not on thy own understanding, in all your ways acknownledge Him and He shall make your paths straight." ~Proverbs 3:5-9

<3

lindsay said...

@MIchelle-- thank you so very, very much... Mercy Ships did let me know a day or so ago. I am incredibly blessed!

@Abigail Jasmine-- thanks for the prayer; goodness only knows I need as much as I can get!

@Both--I can't wait to get started telling stories about what God is doing in West Africa... but first I have to get to Togo! The ship sails Jan. 31st, and it will take 10-14 days to reach Togo... so there's a little down time before we start seeing patients. More details to come!