The thoughts of a woman trying to live simply yet abundantly, contentedly yet expectantly, wisely yet adventurously... all for His glory.

9.19.2009

Natitingou

Natitingou is easily one of the most beautiful places I have ever been, and absolutely the most beautiful place I have been thus far in Benin. Especially when compared to concrete-and-zemi-smoke-saturated Cotonou.

Two weeks ago I left straight from a night shift to sit on a bus for ten hours with some other nurses as we headed up to the far northern part of Benin to stay with some missionaries.

I find I can't really write about the weekend, except to say that it was truly refreshing and rejuvenating. I needed the beauty, the mountains, the streams, the waterfall, the flowers, the hiking, the red dirt roads, and the fresh air.

Here are a few of my favorite pictures from the weekend. Head on over to facebook to see the rest if you are interested.


This is not what you think of when you think of Africa, is it? Welcome to Benin.


Looking out over the valley the first evening.


Me and Esther, hiking in the hills surrounding the valley.


Driving just to see the sights in Sombaland... so much fun!


Sunset on the last evening, too beautiful for words.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

gorgeous! what a great little retreat! I can't get over how lush it is.